From:
"Lani K. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 11:20:48 -0400

Clan Thompson...

SUMMER SALE: Buy a subscription and save 15% off the regular price. Sale ends August 7th.

Enter this coupon -

VFNJ04030535693

here: http://www.clanthompson.com/prod_catalog_coupon.php

*****

FIVE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BUY A CLAN THOMPSON SMARTLIST SUBSCRIPTION

1. We issue updates on a regular basis. Our new food SmartList - released yesterday - has updated info on around 1,092 items. In addition, we added 127 new products and added new information to our Ingredient Checker function.

2. ALL of our SmartList info is VERIFIED. In fact, we're the ONLY software that contains VERIFIED gluten information. We call manufacturers and report what they say about their own products...and we include contact info so you can call them yourself.

3. We research customer requests. If you can't find your favorite products in our SmartList, all you have to do is email us at [log in to unmask] with the product name and manufacturer. We will contact the company and get back to you with their reply and, if possible, we will include that info in our next update.

4. We issue GLUTEN ALERTS. We work on a full time basis to research and update information in our SmartList. When we learn that product information has changed and an item is no longer gluten free, we post that info on our website and send an email to each of our SmartList subscribers so they can stay up to date in between updates.

5. You can buy your SmartList subscription at a special discounted rate. The majority of our subscription packages have been marked down 15% when you enter this coupon -    VFNJ04030535693  - here: http://www.clanthompson.com/prod_catalog_coupon.php . If you already subscribe to our SmartList, you can extend your subscription for another year by using this coupon now. SALE ENDS AUGUST 7, 2006

*****

CLAN THOMPSON MINI-List
Verified Gluten Info

We contacted the following restaurants between the end of June and July 17. Longer menus appear in our Celiac Food SmartList.

99 RESTAURANTS

View Menu here: http://www.99restaurants.com/features/menu/nutrition.php

This restaurant includes the following items on its gluten free menu.

99 Restaurant and Pub Loaded Mashed Potatoes
99 Restaurant and Pub Perfect Zucchini Roma -  4.5 oz.
99 Restaurant and Pub Low Carb Chicken Caesar Salad
99 Restaurant and Pub Low Carb Lemon Pepper Salmon

---

NOTHING BUT NOODLES

Contact: 1-866-566-6353 or http://nothingbutnoodles.com

This restaurant says the following items are gluten free. Also, the wok is only used once before it is cleaned.

Buttery Noodles - (substitute rice noodles for the regular noodles)
Sesame Lo Mein - (substitute rice noodles for the regular noodles)
Margherita Pasta - (substitute rice noodles for the regular noodles)
Marinara Pasta - (substitute rice noodles for the regular noodles)
Cappelini Primavera - (substitute rice noodles for the regular noodles)

---

CULVER'S RESTAURANT

View Menu here: http://www.culvers.com/AdminToolFiles/Documents/Document166/Allergen5-6.pdf

CAUTION: Company says that variations in suppliers and ingredients do occur and cross contamination is possible. Always tell the manager you have a food allergy and request to see the ingredient listings for the products you would like to purchase.

The following items are included on Culver's Gluten-free menu.

Culver's Sides - French Fries
Culver's Sides - Seasoned Green Beans
Culver's Garden Fresh Salads - Oriental Mandarin with Grilled Chicken
Culver's Cones and Custard - vanilla in a dish

---

TACO JOHN

Contact: http://www.tacojohns.com or 800-854-0819 x9319

This restaurant includes the following items on its gluten free menu.

Taco John's Refried Beans or  Pico de Gallo
Taco John's Fresh Produce or Hot and Mild Sauce

---

CHEVY MEX

Contact: http://www.chevys.com

This restaurant says the following items are gluten free...but NOTE THE CAUTION.

CAUTION: Menu items and methods of preparation may vary from state to state. Any items fried or cooked on the grill may be cross-contaminated. Some items are marinated in Agua Negra sauce which contains soy sauce and is NOT gluten free.

Chevy's Fresh Mex Spicy Wings/Ranch Dressing
Chevy's Fresh Mex Fajita Accompaniments (corn tortillas) - Request that corn tortilla not be put in the fryer as the fryer is not dedicated.
Chevy's Fresh Mex Guacamole
Chevy's Fresh Mex Classics (Chicken Tamale)- Replace flour tortilla with corn tortilla. Corn tortilla should not go into the fryer as the fryer is not dedicated. Items cooked on the grill may be cross-contaminated. Some items are marinated in Agua Negra sauce which is NOT gluten free.

---

CANYON RESTAURANT

View menu here: http://www.canyonsrestaurant.com/MenusGFCF.html

Canyon Restaurant - Cajun Blackened Tuna
Canyon Restaurant - Smoked Barbecue Ribs
Canyon Restaurant - Southwest Chicken Fiesta Salad
Canyon Restaurant - Canyon Rack Attack

---

PANDA EXPRESS

Panda Express Oriental Restaurant says that none of their entrees are free of gluten. They have reported our request for gluten free products to their Marketing and Operations Departments.

---

HAMERSLEY'S BISTRO

Hamersley's Bistro has no GF menu but would like to accommodate your needs. The more advance notice you can give them - the better. Please mention your requirements to the host when making your reservation.

---

APPLEBEE'S RESTAURANTS

Applebee's Restaurants says that it doesn't provide info on gluten because they use too many vendors nationwide.