BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Louis Sullivan Smiley-Face Listserv! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 23:11:34 -0100
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> K-
>
> Sorry that you had to go through it again, but I know you liked it.
> I'll never get over it.
> Did David tell you I ran into him (literally almost) last week?

M.

I love the story and when Brian first asked for stories I thought of
that one from you. I truly do love it and I have told it for you a few
times over a few beers. I have stories too but most of them are too
long... I think of the one where we painted the cast iron building in
Soho the wrong color.

Yes, David did. And it made me feel really really good. He has taken a
quite serious interest in the business and I am very happy.

To be honest with you I have felt very badly since the Jackson Heights
project that I was not able to deliver on expectations that I feel the
client had of me. I value our friendship much more than that and I feel
that I failed you.

Yes, I know that our work is holding up your house. Leastways last I
know it was and if your daughter's door does not open I expect a
priority call. First things first.

That said, we have been getting better at getting things done right. The
last few years have been an incredibly interesting adventure.

We kind of stopped working with Castle because we felt that they did not
quite understand us. We went with Witold for the larger scenarios and
though it was a success of sorts and we keep in with him it was tough in
the pinches. Fact is when we come down to it those who have the capital
structure are the ones that prevail in the business. I lost that with
Apple. But I have no regrets on that score. We have been working on Bob
Castaldi's pet project, he bought a 1930's art deco theater in Riverhead
(I like going to Riverhead and I do like Bob... he shares with us
difficult father relationships and it seems as we get older some of us
learn to heal better than others, we are still here and kicking) and
wants to restore it, but the politicians have been screwing him over for
2.5 years. We also managed to pull off two masonry projects for Castle
on banks on the east end of LI. So with a considerable number of
'getting to know each other' meetings over the last few months we are
looking at a few projects to do with Castle. We want to keep it small,
and tight, and we are in a position where we will manage and man the
projects that they prime, that they bring in the insurance and bonding
that we, as two people in a quasi-consulting contracting business in
heritage conservation cannot bring to the market alone. I feel good but
cautious. We have also started this at Jim Hick's suggestion,
http://www.follett-group.com Jim is a partner - since it was his friggin
idea - in this venture which is mostly oriented towards histo presto
Dream Team marketing.

If you have space in your life for lunch I would like to be there.

Later bro,