From:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 14:22:07 -0500
Chris Moore wrote:

"And the answer to all this is USE LINUX!!!"

Well, that would be, or could be,  the answer if the array of applications
was anywhere near as extensive and robust as that available for the windows
operating system, or even the mac OS. Whether or not the linux community
wishes to acknowledge the fact or not, windows has achieved such dominance
that its hard to envision how linux will ever challenge as the OS of choice
for the average, point and click, consumer community.

Now, having said this, I'm a firm believer in "the right tool for the right
job", which is why I am running a linux box to support my asterisk telephone
PBX system, and why, despite the availability of windows-based FTP servers,
my linux box also runs my FTP server, and ultimately my www.jamsite.us site,
whenever I can find the time to code and upload some HTTP content there.

John
KW4U