From:
Bob Humbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:59:39 -0800
I just bought a rebuilt Braille'n Speak from F.S. for $600.  I had to return
it once and I never did receive the cable that they spoke about in the
manual.  When mine crashed I was lost.  It is amazing how dependent we can
get on these things.  Unfortunately, I missed a conference that had
different note takers on display and so I didn't want to spend a lot more
money for something that had more whistles, bells, and lights that I
wouldn't use but wasn't any more reliable or smaller.  Cabling for the 2,000
is a mystery to me.  In the good old days of DOS I could really move things
back and forth between my computer and B'n S.  but no longer.  Maybe if I
had an extra $10,000 lying around for equipment I might have a lot of fun
learning new equipment but I  am retired and I don't.