BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that doubts.
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:51:36 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>     Not knowing the projection or extent of repairs needed PLUS the
>     likelihood of lead based paint remediation I would guess you are
>     low by a factor of 2-3.
>
> OK I'LL DO IT MYSELF.  CAN SOMEONE HOLD MY FEET WHILE I LEAN OVER THE
> EDGE WITH SOME SPRAY PAINT?     C
c,

If the problem is that something might fall off then spray paint might
not be the total answer. As it is I'm not in that particular hanging off
of cornices with ankles in a vice business any longer. The cheapest
answer though, as you intimate, is to hire someone that has no clue what
they are doing and like cannot spell the word LEAD. Schedule it for when
you are on DFI so's you don't suck in the particulates when you
enter-exit the building. Or, you may consider to suggest someone with a
lift and an airless sprayer and let them go at it WITHOUT scraping any
of the existing paint and/or even touching the cornice. Much less than a
perfect job but might get a few more years of deferred maintenance. Then
in 5 years you can multiply times 6 with no prblm.

][<