From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:52:10 -0700
well, you hear that all the time with DX signals if you can hear the short
path and the long path at the same time.
It sounds like they are in a hollow room, and when one of the paths fades,
the echo goes away.
I hear it most commonly with signals out of western and northern europe.
I have also heard it from the US most notably when listening to W6CCP.  I
was hearing his signal on short, and long path and the echo effect was well
beyond his normal roomy audio.
73
Colin, V A6BKX