From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 23:03:16 -0500
Hi Richard, Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ in Point TX, a very knowledgeable,
compassionate, and patient individual, with whom I've talked at length about
similar items and issues, will build them individually, as outlined below.
"Mcount by W5USJ

Mcount by W5USJ

The Jackson Harbor Mcount CW Frequency Counter Kit Assembled and Tested
Custom Built - one at a time - by: W5USJ
Produced as a service for those who would like a low budget frequency
counter and circumstances don't allow DIY.

Ordering and Documentation
The custom Mcount by W5usj is $45 shipped to any USPS address in the 50
states

By PayPal: Send me an email that you are paying by PayPal. Be sure your
shipping information is included.
PayPal Cash Account Only - Sorry No CCs at this time - CCs will BOUNCE
Then use my PayPal address below to send the funds.

By Mail: Send your shipping information and a check or money order for
$45.00 - made out to:
Chuck Carpenter
290 RsCR 4254
Point, TX 75472

Documentation: Visit and download from the Jackson Harbor website
Jackson Harbor Site

PDF, MSWord v6 and Text file versions of the Mcount documentation are
available. Click on the version below:
Mcount Manual PDF
Mcount Manual MSWv6
Jackson Harbor Site

For more information
Contact Me: w5usj at arrl dot net
Paypal: w5usjqrp at 9plus dot net

eMail Addresses

Mcount Pictures, Features, Schematic and Menu Quick Reference Chart are
shown below

The Jackson Harbor Mcount by W5USJ

Mcount by W5USJ

Mcount by W5USJ Dimensions and Features
Battery Not Included

Mcount by W5USJ is assembled in a strong Hammond ABS enclosure (1593PGY)
. The enclosure measures about 2-3/4 in. wide by 1-1/8 in. high and 3-1/2
in. long
. The front panel with controls is about 2-3/8 by 7/8 in.
. A 9 Volt battery compartment with snap/slide cover is at the bottom back
. An access hole for a battery adapter cable is provided on the back left
corner of the enclosure
. Battery adapters are easily made from the connector top of dead batteries.
One good one to use is the 9 Volt Energizer
Panel Controls From the Left Side
. Power switch, on in the up position
. Middle lower is the RCA jack for either of the switch selectable normal 50
MHz input or the prescaler 500 MHz input
. Note that some banana plugs will fit into the RCA jack - useful as a
connection point for a wire antenna
. Middle upper, selector switch for the two inputs - the lever swings
horizontally, 50 on left, 500 on right
. Far right, pushbutton for operation and programming
Additional Features
. Extra loud speaker used in place of piezo buzzer
. Series Schottky diode for reverse voltage protection.
. RCA plug (unshielded) supplied

Mcount by W5USJ Inside View

Mcount Inside View

Mcount by W5USJ Schematic

Mcount by W5USJ Schematic

Mcount by W5USJ Quick Reference Chart (Cheat Sheet)
Refer to the JH documentation for detailed information

Table with 3 columns and 18 rows

Switch Menu Item
Option

L (Long gate time)