From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 20:41:18 -0500
I'll take what I can get too, but I won't complain about what I can't get.
If I see a way to get what I want I'll try for it but I still say while
things may not be totally 100% accessible, if you can to all the important
functions of it,and can make it work, it's not inaccessible either and some
times you have to take what you can get. Yaesu, just flat doesn't care as
they've demonstrated time and time again and we can't do most of the
important functions on them, in fact, some sighted people can't do
everything they want with a yaesu radio and yaesu doesn't care. What's worse
is their quality control is garbage over the last few years and who ever
designs the radios especially the vx7, probably the 6 too must be a complete
moron. The easiest button to hit on those radios practically, the number 7,
turns on the ARTS feature, with that on every time some one keys up on that
radio, no one hears what they say, just a touch tone for a second or so,
then it comes up. I can't tell you how many people I've had to tell recently
to hit the  number 7 because no one really knows that that feature is around
here. That company just has issues from the lack of accessibility, to
quality control, if there even is any, I wonder lately, to the design of the
radios with menus for rocket scientists only and all.