From:
Anthony Vece <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2007 22:58:50 -0500
Hi John;

From what I know, the SM6 will work well on the 746 PRO.

It's a bear bones mic with no amplification.

On the other hand, the SM8 has amplification even if you turn down the pot underneath the mic.

The Heil mic have a lot of trouble driving the 746 PRO.

And, unfortunately the SM6 is no longer being manufactured.

The only option open to you is the SM20.

The mic runs close to $200 however, I've heard people using them and they sound great.

I would not by one used because, unless you know the person really well, you have no idea if the person is a smoker or not or, whether or not the mic has been modified.

If I were in your position, I would go with the sm20.

Hope this helps.

73 De Anthony W2AJV
ECHOLINK NODE NUMBER: 74389