From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2007 13:28:29 -0500
Harvey,

John may be right, but you may also want to check for some application that
needs your immediate attention (such as an anti-virus program, or Windows
Update).  These kinds of programs open windows that show up either behind or
on top of the things you expect to see, and they can totally disrupt the way
Jaws reads items in the system tray.  You might also check your taskbar
settings to make sure you didn't inadvertently activate the quick launch
bar.  As soon as you deal with the offending application and close it, the
problem will go away.  I've had this happen on several occasions, and it's
enough to drive you nuts until you figure out what's happening.

Steve