From:
Christy Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:19:41 -0600
I don't even remember the model, it's a dual band, brand new magmount I got
from Ebay. The cable running from it isn't all that long, so moving it isn't
really much of an option. right now it's sitting on top of a metal filing
cabinet, which is on top of a small dining room table, so the bottom of the
antenna is perhaps four and a half feet off the ground. It's also directly
by a window, not sure if that helps or not but figured it can't hurt anyway.
I have neither the tools nor the knowledge to extend the cabling on it, or
I'd probably find some kind of way to get it even higher, and out of easy
cat reach. Unfortunately I don't have the cash to drop on the talking
meters, though that's a future plan for sure. Anyway, for now i'll just stay
off 440, my next project, probably even before getting an HF rig, is getting
an accessible HT. Actually two, since I'm hoping my roommate will get her
license soon.