From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:08:18 -0500
DPL is just another form of a PL but unlike a PL that uses a tone this
sends out a stream of data that transmits as long as you are transmitting
and a quick tone to let the radio know to disconnect at the end of a
transmition.  As we spoke about earlier some people can hear the hum of a
PL, but a DPL is a little rumblind that comes on during transmitions.