From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:11:28 -0500
Hi Tom.

It sounds like you are forgetting to hit the F6 key after you press
ENTER.  The F6 key is what actually jumps you from the topic tree to the
material you have selected.  The ENTER key is just a signal to the computer
to read in the  topic that you have selected.  The other window gets
populated with the requested info when you press ENTER, but it is the F6
key that makes JAWS jump over and read the pane.

Hope this helps.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 07:17 PM 11/21/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, all.
>
>Can someone tell me quickly why I might be having trouble accessing help
>topics in the Jaws help menu?
>
>If I do an F1, the help topics menu listings come up, but if I open one of
>the books, and go to a particular topic with my right arrow key, clicking on
>it via the "enter" key doesn't open it.
>
>The only way I can open it is by wiggling the regular mouse on the computer,
>and getting lucky sometimes.
>
>Do I need to enable something in the help files to read them?
>
>Thanks, and 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]