From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:19:34 -0500
Well all, I took advantage of the crappy weather today and played very
extensively with ham radio deluxe and while you need the jaws curser for a
lot of the functions, I must say, I finally did get it to remotely control
my HF radio and made a couple contacts using skype as the VOIP program. I
couldn't get IP sound to be very jaws friendly but I'll play with that from
time to time. This is so cool. I'll have to go out somewhere with internet
access some day and really play with it from outside the house. I wish I had
this figured out, and a computer that will run the remote server, a year ago
when we had a dam almost let go in town here and the HF radio in the EOC
didn't work. Not that we used HF or anything, but the last 2 nights when the
shelter had quiet hours and I was sitting in the EOC doing nothing but
waiting for a call on any radio or phone in the communications room, being
able to jump on HF would sure have been nice. Oh well, I'll have a new toy
in the summer now too.
John Miller N1UMJ
AIM and yahoo messenger: N1UMJ
home page: