From:
Matt VanDeWalle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:41:20 -0600
hello all,
I am thinking of getting an interface board for echolink when i get
windows back so i can have a node.  I have a few questions though
Is there a special freq set aside for echolink nodes or no?  I m was
thinking that it might not be a good idea to us3e the freq around here
used for simplex, 146.520 or would that be fine?I was just thinking, if
someone tuned into the frequency, efectively they could use echolink
without the program, or is that partly the point?
aslo, about the /l or /r at the end of the call, is that like a real
license that i have to apply for or can i, when i go to validate, just
type the /r or /l after my own call and they'd automatically validate it,
do i have to write/get documentation to have a call with an r or l?
speaking of, I assume the r is for a repeater and the l is for the simplex
nodes?
final question I promise, i think lol,  do i have to get on the website
and somehow register/apply/ask for a node number or would i automatically
be assigned one when the program sees the node?
matt