From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:47:44 -0400
Hi.

I've always found 512 MB to be a good working figure for RAM on a Windows
XP box.  If you are doing something really memory intensive, you might want
to try 1 GB, but for most ordinary activity 512 MB is enough to ensure good
stability and snappy performance.

I've found that with JAWS, it also seems to matter very much what you are
running for a video card and a sound card.  Some of the on-board sound and
video can really make JAWS perform much more poorly than a good
multi-channel sound card and a video card with ample video RAM.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 02:38 PM 10/27/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>I don't think there is one, but 256 meg should very definitely do it. Are
>you experiencing problems? If so, is your wife's computer really capable of
>supporting XP comfortably?

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]