From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 21:59:45 -0400
Colin,

I think putting another box in the audio chain will only increase the
hum, but you're probably right about the wall wart.  It bothers me
that the hum gets better or worse depending on where I place the unit
in the shack.  I did figure out that the hum is generated somewhere
in the equalizer, and not in the mic cable.  It would help if the
radio had a balanced input, but it doesn't.  I should really ground
the case and see what happens.

Steve