Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 18:05:17 -0400
Hi Richard.

I haven't used these features because I still have a Kantronics KPC3 which
is a bit more feature-rich than the built in TNC in the TS2000S
is.  However, I see no reason why it shouldn't work with HyperTerminal or
Terraterm, or for that matter, if you have an old DOS machine still kicking
around, you should be able to run it with good old ProComm.

I don't really have the antennas needed to do satellite work, so I haven't
tried that one.  The radio should work well for it though.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 07:55 PM 10/4/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi;
>I have been looking at ts2000 info and was left with a question or two.
>I've decided I'm hopelessly out of touch.  Has anyone used the built in tnc
>and what software did you use?  Is the "dx cluster" which got lots of press
>in the product review for the radio still there and usable?
>Finally wonder if we have any satellite operators on this list?  Someone a
>few days ago was looking for a list of frequencies etc.  At one time the
>antenna arrangement seemed a bit complicated.  Has anything simple come
>along that works or do you still essentially need a beam with two rotators
>one for the direction and one for the pitch of the antenna?  Do you have to
>be on 1.2 gigs to access most modern satellites?
>73
>Richard

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK