From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:57:33 -0400
Hi Holly.

If you could give us some idea of what you are looking to spend, I would be
happy to keep my ears open and do some checking around.  I think there are
some less expensive alternatives, particularly if you are primarily
interested in 2 meters.  The radios mentioned in the previous posts are
generally dual band or triband radios, and of course, that makes the price
go up.

One other radio that might work out okay for you is the Icom IC-T7H.  That
happens to be what I am running for an HT.  It isn't as expensive as the
other HTs mentioned, although you'll also want to plan on buying the
cloning software for it, as that is the easiest way to program it.  It has
60 memories, so you can program up all the local repeaters and just click
through the memories to go to various repeaters in your area.  That is
exactly what I am doing.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK