Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2006 06:49:35 -0700
7bit
From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Lou,

Very well said.  I love the idea of restraint in responses and not jumping
down someone's throat just because you are having a bad day or someone
yelled at you over something totally unrelated.  My impression has always
been that for a bunch of people who have faced intolerance and downright
discrimination in society, we are sure ready to be intolerant toward each
other.  <GRIN>

That said, I would possibly carry your analogy of the power supply one step
farther.  If someone obviously knows that their inquiry is probably not too
much related to ham radio and the use of computers for ham radio, to the
point where they will head a message with "off topic" then perhaps a better
choice would be to carry that inquiry to a list that does strictly deal with
computer use by the blind.  There are several around.  By comparison, I
don't really know of any that are dedicated to power supplies.  I guess what
I'm trying to say here is that if you feel what you are asking might be off
topic to the list, it probably is and you should probably take it to
another.  But, let's do be open to answering each other's questions or
providing advice, particularly if we are able to help one another.  I have
found that while we have that fault of jumping each other over slights and
disagreements, we as blind people are also some of the most giving of
ourselves and our time to help another blind person in need.  Let's combine
that trait with the general helpfulness of the ham to make this list a place
where all can feel free to seek answers or advice.

thanks for reading and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX