ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:04:04 -0500
True Riches

Ephesians 1:1-8

Jesus willingly left behind His divinity and for our sake took on the
limitations of the human form. Second Corinthians 8:9 tells us that He
became poor
in order that we might have the riches of grace. As a result, we are:

Chosen. God made us part of His plan from the beginning (Ephesians 1:5). He
chose us to belong to Him even though we did not deserve it.

Redeemed. Jesus paid the price to buy us from the marketplace of sin so that
we might no longer be held in its bondage. Our redemption price was His
death
(1 Peter 1:18-19).

Justified. We are all guilty of disobedience against God. However, upon our
trusting in Jesus as our personal Savior, God declares that we are
justified,
and He treats us as not guilty (Romans 3:23, 28).

Reconciled. Because of our sin, we were at odds with God. Through Christ, we
have been brought back into a right relationship with Him (2 Corinthians
5:18).

Forgiven. God has already forgiven all our past, present, and future sins;
it's a "done deal." Ongoing confession and repentance keep us in intimate
communion
with Him (1 John 1:7, 9).

Freed from condemnation. The Law was given for us to understand God's
standards, our inability to keep them, and our need of a Savior. Jesus
fulfilled the
law, and His finished work counts on our behalf. We are, then, free to
pursue holiness without fear of punishment when we fail (Romans 8:1-2).

True riches are spiritual in nature, and grace has made us wealthy people.
For which of these are you most thankful?

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.