ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 09:39:46 -0500
Channel by Choice

Command those who are rich in this present age . . . [to] do good, that
they may be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share.
1 Timothy 6:17-18

Recommended Reading
Matthew 25:14-30

When the late Dr. Bill Bright, founder of Campus Crusade for Christ, won
the Templeton Prize for Progress in Religion in 1996, he used the million-plus
dollar award to sustain a series of conferences on fasting and prayer. When
a new discipleship center was needed in Moscow, he took the funds from his
modest retirement account to fund the project. Bill Bright and his wife,
decades earlier, wrote and signed contracts with the Lord committing everything
they had to be used for His kingdom.

It's not wrong for a Christian to be wealthy. The Bible doesn't say money
is the root of all kinds of evil, but the love of money is (1 Timothy
6:10). The
question is not how much money we have, but what we do with what the Lord
provides. Do we bless ourselves or others? Like Dr. Bright, we are to be a
channel
of blessing, free from personal obstructions. Does the Lord know what your
personal priorities are concerning wealth? Is He free to bless you with
abundance,
knowing it will be used for His kingdom?

Choosing to be a channel rather than a reservoir lets God know He can trust
you with what He needs delivered to others.

What I spent, is gone; what I kept, I lost; but what I gave away will be
mine forever.
Ethel Percy Andrus