From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:01:42 -0500
I don't know that it works with many 2 meter radios other than the TS-2000
which is HF and VHF and UHF, or the IC-706, though it might work with more
like the IC275 or something, but pretty much I have ham radio deluxe setup
on the computer I want to use to run the radio, then there's a computer, my
radio desk computer, hooked up to the radio which I open the HRD software
on, in tools setup the remote server, and then once that's setup and I can
connect from the other computer and change all kinds of settings on my hf
radio, then I pretty much took SKYPE, setup a screen name on the radio desk
computer, set it to answer automatically, and called it form the other
computer with my rigblaster nomic setup to get the audio in to the radio. I
used vox to key the radio but anyone can work something else for that. As I
said though, for 2 meters, more than likely you'd have to get a HF/VHF/UHF
radio to do that unless the IC275 or something works and that's a big$$$
radio on the used market and not made anymore.