From:
"Dean K. Kukral" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:49:12 -0500
Harriet, I don't know the number of steps, but I can say that it is not
usually necessary to perform these frequently, unless, say, you are having
problems that you suspect are disk related  or your disk is almost full, so
you need a frequent defrag.

When you do the things, generally you set them in motion and go away, coming
back hours later or in the morning.

HTH

Dean

From: <CSThomas

Wait for other answers, but I think three stages  are "pretty normal".
It might do more if it finds a problem, and if you have  seen more stages
before on this same machine, it might be cause to  investigate that further.

Rick Glazier

>I  have a Dell Windows XP SP2, and  when I go to do a Scan Disk, it goes
fine,
> I  also check mark the  Chk Disk to do it's job when the computer is
> restarted.  I  also do the Defrag as well.  The problem I'm having is
> when
all of  the
> above is done and I restart my computer to do the Chk Disk,   there are
> supposed to be 5 phases it runs through to do it's job, but  for some
reason, it only
> goes through 3 of them.
>
> I even tried it in Safe  Mode, and it will only go through three  of them.
Wh
> at could be  wrong?  I have no spy ware,  viruses or anything like  that.
> This has been going on  now for the past 2 months and  nothing has
> changed.

>  Harriet

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml