Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2006 14:36:53 -0400
After a successful first build of my pc, I realized I cheaped out where I shouldnt have.  Namely on the video card and on RAM.  I have a 3.0g intel, an asus mobo, abysmally low 512 mb ram, and a joke of a 128/64 Radeon 9550 video card.  See where I cheaped out?  My question is as follows.

I play world of warcraft and experience severe lag in high graphics intense encounters.  To the point where I disconnect from their servers.  I run on a cable connection so I highly doubt this connectivity issue is directly related to my internet connection.  I do believe it is hardware related.  Should I go for 2g of ram or an NVIDIA 256/256 graphics card first.  Cost is somewhat of a factor as I will have to run my upgrade in 2 steps.  The RAM I found is within my budger (CORSAIR 2x 1g ddr400 pc3200) at $170 and the video card I selected (which will require a new Antec 550W power supply to drive it) is $160 and the power supply is $90.

Which should I get first that will produce the most noticable performance increase?  (for the video card fans, I cannot use PCI express unfortunately due to mobo not supporting it)

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads