From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:19:10 -0500
As others have said, use the cw mode.  I'd also suggest that you limit power
to 5 or 10 watts.  You don't want to throw full power into an unknown
antenna.   The fact that someone else had this antenna  working well at
another location is very nice, but has little bearing on how it will perform
at your location.

It's a great antenna, even though  it looks like  something from a 7th grade
science fair project.   I hope it's in a location that you can get to
without trouble, because it will most likely have to come down several times
for adjustment.

Flat swr doesn't mean everything is fine.  A dummy load has a flat swr but
won't give you much dx.    Like it or not, you can't get away without some
sort of ground system.

73, Steve KW3A