From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:54:45 -0500
That A99 works great on 10 doesn't it? I use one for that. works on 12 and
15 very well too, but you know what's even better? a modified Maco V58
though that has radials too. Some one gave me one a few years ago, it was
only up a year and he never used it because he was moving but 2 others I
talk to on 10 meters ran them and it did, in a comparison, in both cases,
beat the a99 pretty well. I'd have put that up here when I got it but I had
the A99 up already, when it falls apart I will swap it out with the V58
though. I have to modify it, the clamps that hole the sections of the
antenna together I don't like, I want to use real hose clamps on it instead
of the things they use. It's actually similar to the ringo ranger but not
exactly.