From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:46:50 -0500
Lou,

You can also use the 2.4KHz filter for AM.  In addition to the filters, you
can also use the two PBT controls to get rid of unwanted QRM.

With the voice chip installed, you can hear frequency readout, mode, signal
strength, and the clock.  Unfortunately, none of the menus speak, and unlike
Kenwood equipment, there is no indication of where you are in the menus.  On
the bright side, you start at the first menu item each time you enter the
menus, so you can count.  It's not ideal, but the receiver is so good that
I'm willing to live with the inconveniences.  The synchronous detection is a
disappointment, although I understand that there are mods from Kiwa
Electronics and others to make it much better.  I haven't done the mods yet,
but I still think about it.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and I'll be happy to answer
them if I can.

Steve