From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 04:20:11 -0700
why is it sad?
is change not a positive thing?  If things stayed static all the time
progress would be nearly impossible.
The decline of enjoyable broadcast radio programming is a great example,
however, most everyone i know has embraced satellite radio as, if not a
preferable source, then certainly an enjoyable and worthy replacement.
Not only that, it has much greater benefits and is feature rich when
compared to regular broadcast radio.
I think amateur radio can hold many of the same hopes.
We can only get better, not worse, unless a person considers any change to
be getting worse.
I would imagine when SSB and FM were first introduced, many older hams
thought the hobby was going down hill fast and that it was only going to be
a matter of a few years before the hobby was dead...well, look at how those
two modes have totally altered the face of ham radio, and for the better.
73
Colin, CF6BKX