From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:40:13 -0500
Hi John.

I ran into some problems on two machines where a user would be trying to
edit a MS Word document and would be just arrowing around the document when
the cursor would abruptly move to the top of the document.  I was able to
observe this repeatedly on the two machines in question, and they were both
running JAWS 7.0.  Upgrading the machines to JAWS 7.10 cured the problem on
both machines, and that is primarily what keeps me from being a big fan of 7.0.

I think that what makes these comparisons so hard is that different
computer users use the machines in different ways, and almost no two people
have Windows configured in exactly the same way, and sometimes things
affect performance that you would not expect to do so.

I for one would feel a lot more comfortable with JAWS if it were less
touchy about video, as I tend to think that is really their achilles heel.

I'll stick by what I said last night, though.  I like having the capability
to script programs.  Window-Eyes' hyperactive windows are handy for some
things, but they also impose some limitations that are just not an issue
for JAWS.  I don't think in this business it is ever all one or the
other--you just have to weigh what is important to you.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 08:21 AM 10/30/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>I think 7.0 is 1 of the best versions made but 6.2 wasn't too bad either.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]