From:
Kris Hickerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 18:48:16 -0500
Hi All,

I have known for a couple of years that there was going to be a new
electrical substation built on this edge of town.  I had been led to
believe, however, that it was going to be a couple of miles south of me.

Well, guess what.  They began construction about six weeks ago and it is
approximately 2 blocks from me.  Needless to say, I'm not at all happy about
this situation, but I know, they have to put it somewhere and probably
nobody once it in their backyard.

Now, my question to all of you who no doubt have had more experience and
more information about this sort of thing, what can I expect when they put
this electrical power plant online as far as interference to my ham radio
equipment?  Of course, I don't want interference to my AM/FM reception
either, but the ham radio is of far greater concern to me.

I do intend to call the city utility company and express my trepedations to
them.  Perhaps I don't have that much to worry about and I certainly hope
that is the case.

I'll appreciate whatever information any of you may be able to provide.

Thanks much.
73
Kris
wb9slm