From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 10:42:08 -0500
Hi Walt,
For several years I have used and enjoyed the Sony 7600.  It is next
to my bed; lots of overnight DXing when I can't sleep, although the
overnight choices are pathetic!!
Short wave is good; provision for an external antena.  S S B
reception is really rather decent; not as good as my ham receivers,
but acceptable.
The design might be a bit old by now, and there might be newer,
better choices, but this one might deserve a look.