Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:44:15 -0500
7bit
From:
don bishop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you happen to have a firewall active?  That could possibly be getting in the way.
>
> Also did you check to make sure you're using the udp and tcp protocols?    How you do this depends on which linksys router you have.
>
> On mine I have a link in the linksys router interface for applications/games where you check the application  you want to allow to use the ports, a starting
> port, and ending port, plus the ip address of the computer you want to use.
>
> Until I got all of those set correctly, I could not connect to a station even though I could see the station list.
>
> I have a LInksys g brodband router and I think the way you enter settings on other linksys routers may be handled a bit differently, but hope this can give
> you at least a clue.
>
> Don W6SMB
>
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:04:29 -0400, Scott V wrote:
>
>     Hello this is kb0clz.  I now live in Pennsylvania though.
> I have a problem.  I'm trying to use echolink.  I opened ports 5100 to 5200
> but i can not seem to connect to anything.  I can see the list of stations
> though.
> Can someone help me?  I've got a linksys router.
> Thanks.
> Scott
>
> kb0clz

this one got me the first few things i needed to open ports for too, so
scott, you might want to check if this is the way in your router or not,
by the way, the routers are supposed to have a nat firewall but they
claim you cant disable it but then their support saddens me to no end lol
anyway, when you are in your port forwarding section, the fields (they
arent very speech friendly i'll admit), are the app name is the first
edit box, then the start of the port range is 2nd, then ending, tcp is
the first checkbox, udp the 2nd, editbox for the ip of the computer, and
be sure then to check the box after it or it won't save and open the
ports when you hit the "done" or "submit" button at the end of that mess
thats how mine is anyway
matt, kb0cly