Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ham Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:12:57 -0400
Saw this on the Langda list, thought some might be interested...
Steve, K8SP

I've been running ewido (yes, it's spelled all in lower case) on a couple of
machines here, and it seems quite good so far. Grisoft says it's "easy to
use, has daily database updates, uses heuristics to detect unknown threats,
and has an automatic Cleaning Engine."

Like the AVG antivirus tool, the home-use free version of ewido offers
solid, basic functionality; and a $30 Pro version offers more: "Automatic
online-
updates, real-time monitoring of the entire system, self-protection at
kernel layer guaranteeing gapless monitoring, and consent for commercial
use."

Ewido is new enough that there's not a lot of information about it yet. One
third-party review (
http://tinyurl.com/7sk6y )
says ewido is in "a small
elite group of technically advanced anti-trojans. For a new product it is an
impressive effort." It looks good to me, too.

If you're comfortable trying a relatively new product, you can download
ewido
from the same site that offers the free version of AVG:
http://tinyurl.com/qrcox .
Or, you can visit the ewido networks site:
http://www.ewido.net/ .
The latter site also offers a free tool to scan your
PC for spyware, live and online.