ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:45:11 -0500
I do hope that all of you had a great Thanksgiving.  I was too busy
with preparations to even think of sitting down at the computer, so
I'm late, as usual, with my good wishes.
	We had Chris over for the meal yesterday.  He's a great food
processor.  We had the finest mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and
squash because he really put his muscle into it.  He saw me doing the
mashing and decided to take over.  GRIN!  He's still looking for
another job and he's behind in his rent, but he's hoping that his
charm and whit will help him hold on until something better comes along.
	He did finally take his G.E.D. last Friday, but he lost his I.D. so
he was unable to submit it.  He found it yesterday, so now, we'll se
if, after submitting  it, he passes.
	Matt is still really struggling with debt.  He's still holding down
his job at Wendy's and he had a job interview last Friday at Star
Bucks, but we don't know if he landed that second job or not yet.  He
was hoping to begin college again this December.  His rationale is
that, if he gets back into school he can defer his student loans, but
he has a lot of personal issues to work out before he is ready.  We
are trying to advise him that these are not wise  decisions that he
is making, but he is becoming impatient to move forwrd with his life
and so he is resenting our words.  Of course, he would have to take
on more debt if he were to begin school again.  Our main hope and
prayer is that the college won't take him in his present financial
situation, but that is a slim hope.  Colleges are grateful to have
the students and money is money.  They don't care where it comes from
or how deeply in debt a student is.  It's frustrating for us.
God bless,
Kathy