ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:50:55 -0700
     One of my older sisters recently wrote about 8 pages of her
memories of our dad.  When dad died, I was 11 years old, my little
sister was 7, and my two older sisters were in their early
twenties.  The oldest, Saundra, was in Bible college and my sister
Kay was in nurses training.  My two older sisters, therefore, have
a lot of things they remember about dad which I never knew.

     The other night, I was talking to my oldest sister, Saundra,
and the memories of our dad that our sister Kay had written came
up during our conversation.  My sister confirmed some things about
my dad I never knew until the Lord revealed them to me.

     In my recent times of private prayer, my dad came to mind.
Again, as I have so often times in recent years, faced more and
more aspects about my dad which relate to me personally.  As I
saw my dad in my thoughts as I prayed, and no, I was not
visualizing or practicing self hypnosis, lucid dreaming, or
meditating until I was able to implement guided imagery, I just
thought of my dad suddenly while praying.  A very clear picture of
my dad surfaced without warning and so I asked the Lord what He
was trying to show me about my dad.

     The Holy Spirit said, "What do you see about his
appearance?"

     I said, "Dad looks sad and worried."

     "What does he look worried about?" I heard the Holy Spirit
say.

     I looked at my dad in my memories again and suddenly I
realized what it was.  Dad was worried about losing the rest of
his sight.  He, as did I later, had detached retinas.  They were
able to save one eye but not the other.  This was common on my
dad's side of the family.  The Holy Spirit further revealed to me
things my dad worried about specifically.  "How would I work?
What would happen to my family if I go blind?  How could I help my
kids through college.  I'd never drive again.  I'd lose my job.
Maybe I'd lose my family."  These were all things I suddenly felt
very strongly in my thoughts and actually felt them in my
emotions, too.  I suddenly, and clearly, understood why my dad was
tormented.  As a kid, I never realized something was wrong but
somehow it registered and I believe it is because I was his son,
that is, bonded with him.  If you don't believe in generational
curses, that likely will have little, if any, meaning to you.
Regardless, the Holy Spirit confirmed what I saw and felt a few
days after He revealed these truths to me during prayer.

     As I talked to my sister, I did not tell her what the Lord
had revealed to me about dad through prayer.  My older sisters
think I am crazy anyhow.  This particular sister believes I am
involved in psycho heresy in more ways than one.  Thus it is, I
don't share many personal things with them.  In this case,
however, I simply said to my oldest sister, "I was thinking about
dad the other day and I realized how concerned he must have been
about losing the rest of his sight."  I went on to tell her all
the things I felt the Holy Spirit had revealed to me during prayer
but I just didn't tell her the origin at first.

     My sister began telling me how she heard dad often say that
he was afraid he would lose his sight while serving as an usher
during communion services at church, or when driving, and that he
spoke of such things of this nature openly before I was born.
She furthermore said that mom talked to her about dad and his
depression and anxiety and fear of blindness often.

     This part of the conversation came up during our visit
because my oldest sister told me that my sister, Kay, was
disturbed because I had written about our dad's depression.  Kay,
as I said, is a registered nurse and she said dad never had
depression.  Saundra told Kay she was wrong about and that I was
right and for two reasons.  First, mom talked about it to Saundra
many times and my dad, back in the late forties and fifties, took
tranquilizers.  During that time, this was very uncommon and
Christians absolutely never talked about such things with others.
Furthermore, our mother told me, after dad had died, that he did
suffer from depression and that he was on tranquilizers.  I was
about 13 or 14 years old when mom told me this.

     After my sister confirmed these things, I then went ahead and
told her that the Lord had revealed these exact things to me
during prayer one day.

     The purpose of writing about this is simply to point out that
things we may be facing today, could very likely have origin in a
place totally unanticipated.  Over the last four years, the Lord
has been revealing dozens of places relating to both my father and
my blindness that have their source and origin in my dad and early
childhood.  Why would this be important?  Circumstances create
golden opportunities, or what I call fertile soil, in which the
Enemy can plant seeds.  At this point, I would normally give more
details relating to how the demonic realm works and takes
advantage of these situations and circumstances, not to mention
how these seeds of deception get passed down through the
generations, but many people already think that I believe in
demons more than I do Jesus so I'll skip all of that for now.  I
am attempting to get you to think, and to be aware, of
circumstances.  Our reactions in situations can tap into things we
may not even be aware of because the memories are suppressed, and,
the present situation can likewise create fertile soil for new
seeds to be planted.  Thus, the Enemy can, and will, use these
things against us and often we will be deceived without even
realizing it at the time.  These areas of deception I call
foothold because the Enemy is attempting to gain a place in our
thinking and emotions.  No, I am not talking about demon
possession since it is impossible for a Christian to be possessed
in the first place.  I just thought you would find this
interesting since what the Lord told me was confirmed by my
sister.

It Sounds Like God To Me.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com

Phil.