ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David & Rachel Prince, <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2006 20:08:13 -0000
Hi Ruth,

Good to hear from you.

The harvest festival in the UK isn't celebrated as much as it use to be, but we believe that in the Church of England it may be more prominent.

Rachel and I have Evangelical & Baptist backgrounds, both of which up until recent years celebrated in such a way and in some cases may still do so.

Moving in the last twenty years in Pentecostal streams, this perhaps was not celebrated as much.

However this year due to illness, we felt it necessary to support our local CoE.

In doing so, we were both surprised and delighted with the harvest festival celebration.

Perhaps our other friends from the UK, Carol & Malcolm could add any other experiences of harvest festivals, including indeed if they attended a harvest festival this year.

Blessings,

David & Rachel.

 Message-----

From: Ruth Chapman - Email Address: [log in to unmask]

Sent On: 19/11/2006 19:42

Sent To: [log in to unmask] - Email Address: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Thanksgiving UK Style!

Hello David and Rachel,

Thank you for the wonderful and interesting details about your celebrations in the UK.  Personally, I know I need to be enlightened more about other traditions in countries abroad.  I really appreciate your telling us about it.

Big Blessings to you!

Ruth