ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 13:44:47 -0600
I have prayed with Woosun in Korea several times in the past ten days.  He
is having a very difficult time.  As is so often the case for those
suffering from OCD, things tend to feel worse as the Lord begins to slowly
open up old memories that they have learned to suppress in order to ward off
the fear associated with the memories.  We don't like, as older Christians,
going back to those places we have spiritually and religiously set on for
years, confessing our sins hundreds, if not thousands of times, with little
relief.  Thus, guilt and anger surfaces and we often then start feeling
worse.  So, I know he really appreciates our prayers.  We had our Friday
night prayer meeting and prayed for him there, of course, and we prayed for
several of you guys, too.  Just pray for Woosun if you think of it this
weekend.  It is 12:47 PM as I type this here in Denver and that makes it
3:47 in the morning Korean time.  So, Woosun must not be having a very good
night since he has emailed me in the middle of their night time.  Boy, how
many of us can identify with that.

Phil.