ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:02:11 -0400
Yes, Vicki, closed communion with one common cup, and one common
loaf.  I suppose that symbolizes shedding of Jesus' Blood once and
for all, and the breaking of His Body on the cross.  Praise God that
the reality of that is much more precious than partaking of the
symbols.   May He make each of us poured out Wine and broken Bread to
those with whom we have to do.......family, friends, strangers,
sisters and brothers in Christ.

Helen

Earlier you wrote:
>Oh my.  Sounds wonderful.  Think they had closed communion too, and
>it was one common cup, and one common loaf.
>
>I went to a church with an organ and a grand once too.  Those
>musicians could really play too.
>
>Yes, definitely memory lane.  Will have to find one of my old hymn
>books and look up that hymn I was trying to think of.
>
>Vicki
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Helen Wolf" <[log in to unmask]>

"My Life is not in what He gives me, but in Who He is."