ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:23:46 -0600
I was listening to this Christian station this morning who doesn't post
their phone number on their website, as I mentioned in another message, but
they played a song I want to find.  No, they didn't come on and mention her
name or anything and I can't find it on the web yet.  She repeated the
phrase, Love is in the wings, or His love is in the wings, several times so
it is my guess the song is titled that.  I finally remembered the number of
the radio station but, of course, they weren't open so I left a message.  We
will see if they return phone calls.  That will be a first.  Does this
contemporary song ring a bell with anybody?  I would get a digital radio but
I still can't read the display so that won't work either, haw.  I'm not
laughing.  I sure hope they make a high definition radio that has a voice
synthesizer some day.  I rarely hear a song I want to buy the CD that has it
but every freaking time I do, the Christian stations don't answer their
phones.  One station that I listen to a lot, has a direct line to the DJ and
one day I called, I let it ring 50 times.  I'm not kidding.  No, he wasn't
talking on the air at the time, he was probably in the bathroom or outside
having a cigarette break.  Did you realize that many Christian stations
never ask if the person they are hiring is born again or not?  How do I know
this.  A friend of mine, who is not a Christian, worked at a local Christian
station playing music.  Anyhow, this DJ who wouldn't answer, made me mad so
I called the offices.  She said, here, let me give you the direct number.  I
said, forget it, I already know the number, and have called it,  He don't
answer his phone.  I also explained I had tried calling that number on many
different occasions, this is a black Gospel station and I love black Gospel
and black choirs, and this stations plays many hours a day of it, so I call
once and awhile to find out the artist.  I quit simply because the DJ
doesn't answer his freaking phone.  Anyhow, the office lady, very nice lady,
offered to try.  He didn't answer her call either.  Bummer.  Yes, I know
they are trying to optimize their operations to save money so they can make
money but give me a break.  I just want to know the name of a song and the
artist.  The only luck I have had with this situation is listening to a jazz
FM stations.  They always answer and they even spell the names of the artist
and the CD and the song and everything.  Go figure.  And we call ourselves
Christians.  Yes, I am hacked off.  There must be a better way but giving up
Christianity can't be the answer.  I thought about praying and asking the
Lord to do something about this but He said He can't get them to answer the
phone either so even He has stopped listening to the stations.

Phil.