ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:56:24 -0600
Yes, that is interesting about the wise men.  Magoy, or Magos, were
apparently from Persia.  If you recall, in reality, this is what Daniel and
his three buds were in Babylon.  Also, they likely were a larger number.
The number of three wise men came from there three expensives gifts but they
came with their treasures so they brought much more to give to the family of
Jesus.  In fact, it likely made them rich.  They also very likely didn't
travel alone with all that expensive stuff so probably quite a crowd of body
guards and soldiers and train mighty men traveled with them.  No wonder
Herod was freaked out by their arrival.  A new king?  Hey, kill this kid
before he takes over my throne.  A quite interesting story.  The star I am
convinced was similar to the glory cloud that led the children of Israel in
the wilderness.  I heard a guy once years ago do a word study on the word
star and it makes more sense it was very likely the Holy Spirit appearing as
some guiding luminary object.  They may have thought it was a star at first.
You really need those Dutch Sheets tapes.  He gets into this on his tapes on
intercessory prayer and the nature of the Holy Spirit.  Send me your mailing
address and I'll find out the number and call down there and have the tapes
sent to you.

Phil.