ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 00:02:48 -0500
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the
shadow of the Almighty. - Psalm 91:1 NKJ

In The Eye Of The Storm

The eye of the storm is the most peaceful place on earth. While wind and
rain wreak havoc all around, pilots who fly storm-tracker planes say that
all is perfectly still in that special place. In Psalm 91, David speaks
about...terror...plagues...ten thousand falling at your right hand...
"but it will not come near you." Why? Listen: "He who dwells in the
secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the
Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my
God; in Him will I trust. Surely He shall deliver [me]" (Ps 91:1-3).

There are two ways to go through a storm: in panic or in peace. When a
storm suddenly threatened their boat the disciples cried, "Do You not
care that we are perishing?" (Mk 4:38 NAS). And where was Jesus? Sleeping
peacefully in the back of the boat. That's because He understood: (a) To
get to where God wants to take you, you must go through certain storms.
It's not optional. (b) When you're in the centre of God's will the storm
can't take you under. It's in the storm, not the calm, that you discover
this. (c) When it's over you come out knowing God better, and you're more
equipped to help others! "So trust in the Lord (commit yourself to Him,
lean on Him, hope confidently in Him) forever; for the Lord God is an
everlasting Rock [the rock of ages]" (Is 26:4 AMP). That's what it means
to live in the eye of the storm!