ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2006 18:40:23 -0500
PRAYER FOR... SECURITY

by Gail Rodgers

  Psalm 139

"O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.

You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my
ways.

Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.

You hem me in - behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths,
you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far
side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will
hold me fast.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb."

~ Heavenly Father,

Thank You for this knowledge that You care so deeply and know me so
intimately. I will trust in Your knowledge of me and in Your hand to guide
me.

Give me Your wisdom today. Hold onto me in my spinning world. Thank You for
understanding me. You know me better than I know myself. Thank You for this
comfort.

Thank You that You are my trustworthy God! I choose to trust You in my
circumstances today! In Jesus' name,  amen.

About the Author: This devotional was written by Gail Rodgers. Learn more
about Gail: http://www.tmdevotionals.com/women/authors/gail-rodgers/

Going Deeper

1. Consider these questions:  Note the poetic details in Psalm 139
describing how intimately God knows you. How does being known in this
way make you feel? How will it affect your day today?