ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 21:14:53 +0100
Sorry, I should have written in my last post, "the day I had to keep my
hands firmly pressed up against my mouth every time I went in the kitchen."
I was being sorely tempted to take my life during a very difficult period,
but I knew God would come through for me!  He did!

So I can pray more for this dear one, having prayed for others and seen God
at work also.

My friend Jo, before I knew her as a friend, called me on a lifeline one
night.  She talked for ages and was very down.  She had tablets in a bottle
in her hand and built up to telling me had wretched she felt.  Suddenly,
taken over by the Lord, I said, "Jo, put those --- tablets down.  I named
them and she couldn't believe I knew what they were.  She knew God was there
and in control and put them away.  Praise Him!

Incidentally, should any be interested, I didn't get divine revelation about
the name of the pills.  I knew what they sounded like in the bottle.  What
Jo didn't know and what wasn't important at the time was that I couldn't see
and therefore relied on sound.  God used my judgment of the sound and just
asked me to be bold and name the ppills.  It was some while afterwards that
I told Jo, who was losing her sight at the time, that I couldn't see.

Now, how did I get to that one.

Sorry, I don't want to forget and stray for your original subject matter
Phil.

"Dear Father:  Please keep Lauren safe at this time and break every evil
force that would seek to take her life before her time.  Cause her to have a
testimony unto Yourself and bring her through to a real place of victory in
You.

"Thank you, Lord, that's why You came.  We need not be disappointed!

"Amen!  May the glory and honour be Yours!"

--
Carol - Reading, UK

To you, o Lord, I lift up my soul;
In You I trust, o my God.  . . .."  PS25:1-2 NIV.