ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:12:34 -0400
Was the world suppose to end yesterday?  Did any of you think it may have
and we were the ones left behind.  Ha Ha.  Seriously, I will tell you a true
story.  My sister is a Baptist.  When they were just beginning to sell the
King James version of the bible read by Alexander Scourby her church got a
very good deal from a business in albikurky New Mexico.  She purchased one
for me.  There was a warrantee that went with the bible which said if any of
the cassettes broke that cassette would be replaced at no charge.  Well,
these cassettes were very cheaply made, and as I listened to it quite a lot,
one of them broke quite soon after she purchased the bible.  I called the
number given and told them when ordering my replacement cassette what a
great warrantee this was, and asked how long it was good for.  The woman
told me the warrantee would last till Jesus comes.  I thought this was just
great.  As I continued to listen to the bible a couple other cassettes were
broken.  I called the number and found it to be disconnected.  Therefore, I
supposed Jesus came to Albikurky about 1985.  As I write this, I don't
recall any on the list from Alberkurkey.  See, Jesus probably gathered all
the really good folk and put them all there and left the rest of us behind.
Smile.