THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wendi Carrillo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:55:57 -0800
  Hi John,

  I am new also. I had a nasty virus bite me 14 years ago and I've never been the same since. I'm in the "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" category. Anyhow, I too have been tested but always "normal". Anyhow, just had the full panel done and I do show high antibodies "85" on scale of 0-25 being normal. These antibodies indicate Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. With Hashi's your levels tend to go up and down.

  Anyhow, after a ton of research, I'm certain that the reason that there is no pat answer or diagnosis is because each of us are different and our body histories determine what our normals should be. For instance just two months ago my TSH tested at 4.95 on a scale of 0.4-4.5, yet they refused to give me anything. Now my TSH is 1.92, which is indicative of the Hashi's . So, I went elsewhere to find help, believe it or not a OBGYN. In your case I would talk to others in your area and get an idea of a good ENDO that is open minded and understands automimmune issues as well.

  Good luck to you!

Yahoo! Mail

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.