ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2006 08:23:35 -0500
Phil,

I am seriously thinking of that. There is a folk school north of here were
we recently had a songwriting workshop, and they have such a class there.
Plus there are other places that teach that too in these parts. I am so,
so, so very tired of the municipal utility bills rising, taxes going up.
We're paying over $1,100 in taxes that goes to pay for a mausoleum school
riddled with construction issues and we don't have kids in school any
longer. We technically can't even have a clothes line in our back yard.
I'm so weary of the hoidie-toidie's here and just want to have a chunk of
land, a humble home/cabin, heat with wood if I dang well feel like it, and
actually I need to do more research on geo thermal heating.  Although  God
hasn't hit me over the head as he did telling me to get out of debt,
although this is yet indeed part of that plan, but I feel very strongly as
well, and that it is from god, to return to the more self-sufficient way
of life. The peace in that lifestyle is very appealing. There will always
be a portion of the thumb on us I suppose, but not like we have now. Let
us know  when your refinance comes through.

Brad

on 10:13 PM 10/6/2006, Phil Scovell said:

Brad,

Buy one of those log cabin kits and build your own house.

Phil.