ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 10:59:45 -0400
Good morning All,
I thought the following would fit in nicely with the subject of
prophecy we have been writing about.
Helen
"It is the truth concerning Jesus that inspires all prophecy"
(Revelation 19:10, Knox).

The whole purpose of prophetic speaking and writing is to bring
further revelation of Jesus to the Church and to the world. We refer
to this as the Testimony of Jesus. A majority of what is called
"prophetic" today is merely eschatological, that is, inspired by the
study of end time events, but not necessarily inspired by the Spirit
to bring us into a further revealing of Jesus Christ. We do a
disservice to the Church if we muddy the waters between that which is
prophetic and that which is eschatological: for the Church is not
established upon her understanding of end time events, but upon her
revelation knowledge of Jesus Christ.     -Chip Brogden
  "Comfort rides on the wings of confession."