ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 22:38:14 +0100
Kathy, now I haven't heard that story.  . . ..

I was struck by the comment at the end of your message about people wanting
to be in ultimate control and make us bow to their will.  My brother was
like this when we were younger, and older for that matter, and saw more of
each other.  He always had my mind made up as to what I was going to do and
just how I would do it.  I think I loathed it and now find it difficult to
deal with others who want some sort of control in my life and yet they have
no right.

We had some difficulties with friends earlier in the Summer and the husband
has always wanted to control us since we came back to Reading.  Mike spent
some time sharing with him and we agreed to put things behind us and walk
on, but already he's controlling us again and he still hasn't spoken with me
and doesn't seem to want to.

God's Name needs to be lifted higher here and to be glorified or we all fall
on our noses, fall out, move on and hurt!

I should be glad of prayers from any who feel able.  Thanks.

There's lots more, but that will do for now and sorry it just flashed into
my mind reading Kathy's post!  Good to see you back and around again with so
much love and humour, dear sister!

--
Carol - Reading, UK

To you, o Lord, I lift up my soul;
In You I trust, o my God.  . . .."  PS25:1-2 NIV.