ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:22:09 -0600
Lelia,

I've but up there a few times, too.  I had a friend who pastored a small
Baptist church up in Bailey plus some other friends that lived up in that
area but just not in town.  It is a beautiful mountain town, quiet and safe.
My oldest sister lives in Southwest Denver in 350,000 to 500,000 dollar
homes.  She is a nurse and is about 9 years older than I am.  She called and
was upset and said a neighbor had been murdered recently.  It makes no
difference where you live today, it would seem, but wherever one lives, you
have to be careful.  Even that doesn't help in some situations.  I heard
this girl was a twin.  I wondered, if that's true, how in the world her twin
brother is going to take it.  The sheriff just about didn't make it through
the press conference either.  A report later said that two of his officers
stood behind him and put their hands on his back and literally help hold him
up because he knew both the girls but didn't know the man that shot and
killed the one girl.  One of the reports, and I am telling this for those
who won't hear it nationally, works for a big radio stations in Denver.  He
was at the school in minutes and was interviewing a mother who fell to
pieces as he recorded.  She fell right into his arms and he held her and
said over and over again how sorry he was and he was crying, too.  Good
journalist.  Good Sherrif, too, who can cry after being a cop for 36 years.
Columbine, after seven long years, lifted its ugly head again today and you
know all those guys up there, parents and students, were thinking about
columbine.  I'm sure those two girls in the room with that evil man were
thinking the same thing.  I sure was as I sat and listened to events unfold
as I prayed for their safety.

Phil.

Phil.